Edo 2024: Imansuangbon resigns from PDP

Forum 10 months ago

Edo 2024: Imansuangbon resigns from PDP

A former governorship aspirant and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Edo State, Barrister Ken Imansuangbon popularly called ‘Riceman’ Wednesday resigned his membership of the PDP.

In a statement he personally endorsed and copied his Esan South East ward 2 chairman, the Local Government chairman and State chairman of the party, Tony Aziegbemi, Imansuangbon was however silent on his reasons for leaving the PDP but thanked the leadership of the PDP for the time he has been with the party as he described his experience as memorable.

Imansuangbon in the four-paragraph letter stated, “Since 2009 in what was tagged the ‘Ewohimi Declaration’ where I had joined the People’s Democratic Party, PDP has remained a memorable journey for me and I want to thank God almighty for his benevolence.

“The course of my political journey in the PDP had afforded me the opportunity to make great and wonderful friends and had shared great moments with which I will cherish for a lifetime.

“However, the reality of the moment has made it decisive that there comes a time in a man’s life where he has to move ahead.

“Consequently, therefore I hereby tender my resignation of the membership of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP. Once again, I thank the entire leadership and body of the PDP”.

It is believed Imansuangbon is interested in the 2024 governorship race in the state but his chances remain slim in the PDP as Governor Godwin Obaseki is believed not to be favourably disposed to his ambition having been one of those who initially opposed his coming to get the ticket of the party ahead of the 2020 governorship election that eventually gave Obaseki a second term after he was rejected by the All Progressives Congress (APC)

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Why Edo Is The Capital of
Forum | 15 hours ago

Why Edo Is The Capital of 'Obidient' Movement - LP

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence
Forum | 2 days ago

Edo Police Arrest Cultists Who Allegedly Killed Man In Daughter’s Presence

Council Polls: PDP Sweeps 33 Oyo LGAs
Forum | 2 days ago

Council Polls: PDP Sweeps 33 Oyo LGAs