Gunmen Abduct RCCG Elder In Ogun, Demand N50M Ransom

Forum 3 months ago

Gunmen Abduct RCCG Elder In Ogun, Demand N50M Ransom

A 70-year-old farmer, Pa Adeife Ifelaja, has been abducted by kidnappers who are demanding the sum of N50m as ransom for his release.

Ifelaja is an elder at a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) Ijebu Igbo, headquarters of Ijebu North Local Government of the state.

The Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Alamutu, who confirmed the incident on Monday, January 8, 2024, said efforts are ongoing to rescue the victim.

“Honestly the police have been working to get the man rescued. We are on it; even when the kidnappers have been trying to mislead us about their location, we are on their trail and very soon, we shall achieve success," the CP stated.

Sources who spoke to Daily Trust, said Ifelaja was abducted at his residence in Ijebu Igbo on the night of December 31 while preparing to go for the Crossover service.

It was gathered that the suspected kidnappers have reached out to the family and demanded N50 million ransom.

“It is true that Pa Adeife Ifelaja was kidnapped on the night of Sunday, December 31, 2023 while preparing for the Crossover service. I learnt the abductors are asking for N50m which the family said they do not have," the source said.

“I heard they were negotiating for N10m but I don’t know if the ransom was paid. The incident was reported at a police station in Ijebu Igbo."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 1 day ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa
Forum | 1 day ago

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 3 days ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun
Forum | 4 days ago

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun