Go to Appeal Court, You Won’t Be Relocated From DSS Custody to Kuje Prison – Court Tells Nnamdi Kanu

Forum 1 month ago

Go to Appeal Court, You Won’t Be Relocated From DSS Custody to Kuje Prison – Court Tells Nnamdi Kanu

The Federal High Court in Abuja has said it will not grant Biafra agitator, Nnamdi Kanu's request to be relocated from the custody of the Department State Services, DSS, to Kuje prison in Abuja.

Justice Binta Nyako refused the request.

While refusing the second application on Tuesday, she said that the DSS custody remained the most secured place for the detained IPOB self appointed leader.

The Judge held that the court had once declined to move Kanu out of the DSS custody and that the only option left for him was to go to the Court of Appeal to attack the earlier rejection.

“Go to the Court of Appeal and ask that my earlier order rejecting to remove Kanu from DSS custody to Kuje prison be set aside. That is the only option opened up to you now.

“I have delivered 21 rulings in this matter, most of them in favour of the defendant. If my orders are not obeyed, you know what to do. Have you ever come before this court and complained about orders not being obeyed?” The Judge held.

At the time of this report, the legal team of Kanu is insisting on not going ahead with any trial until they are given unfettered access to their client.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 23 hours ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 3 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive
Forum | 3 days ago

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive's Request For Bail

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello
Forum | 3 days ago

Court Gives Update On EFCC’s Suit Against Embattled Yahaya Bello