Jack Black Says He’s ‘Ready’ for a School of Rock Sequel

Forum 1 month ago

Jack Black Says He’s ‘Ready’ for a School of Rock Sequel

Jack Black says he’s “ready” to make a School of Rock sequel.

Speaking with the news outlet Joe, per Variety, Jack Black said he’d gladly return for a potential School of Rock 2 should all the proper stars align.

“I wish there’d be a School of Rock 2: Electric Boogaloo,” he said. “I’m ready.”

Jack Black doesn’t want to make School of Rock 2 without Mike White

Black added, “You know Mike White wrote the first one and he’s a genius. And we’d have to have Mike White back in the saddle, but he’s real busy right now with White Lotus, the best show on TV.”

Reflecting on the 20th anniversary of School of Rock, Black told The Hollywood Reporter in December 2023, “That was such a big moment for me. That movie put me on the map in a lot of ways. It remains my favorite experience in my career because it gave me a chance to do all the things that I do best, with acting and with performing and writing music, and working with my favorite writer, Mike White, who did such an incredible job writing in my voice. It’s very rare and very special when that happens, and working with Richard Linklater, the director, all the planets aligned on that one, and I’ve always felt like that’s the one that’s going to be on my tombstone, and I’m fine with that: the guy from School of Rock.”

Released in 2003, School of Rock saw Black play Dewey Finn, a down-on-his-luck musician who accidentally becomes a substitute teacher after being confused for his roommate, played by White. Dewey then uses the opportunity to teach a classroom of children how to become rock stars.

The movie, directed by Linklater, also stars Joan Cusack, Sarah Silverman, Miranda Cosgrove, and more.

School of Rock was previously adapted into a stage musical that premiered in 2015. There was also a School of Rock television series that premiered on Nickelodeon in 2016 and ran for three seasons.

School of Rock is currently streaming on Netflix, Paramount+, and Showtime.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 21 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Prom Dates Trailer Previews Hulu’s High School Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Prom Dates Trailer Previews Hulu’s High School Comedy

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update