Super Eagles: Ex-Chelsea star gives verdict on Finidi George after 2-0 defeat to Mali

Forum 4 weeks ago

Super Eagles: Ex-Chelsea star gives verdict on Finidi George after 2-0 defeat to Mali

Former Chelsea defender Kenneth Omeruo has given his verdict on interim coach of the Super Eagles Finidi George after Nigeria’s 2-0 defeat to Mali in a friendly match on Tuesday.

Goals from El Bilal Toure and Kamorou Dounmbia gave Mali the victory at the Grand Stade de Marrakech.

Speaking after the game, Omeruo said Finidi has a good relationship with the Super Eagles players.

According to him, the Enyimba FC coach has the experience to lead the Super Eagles going forward, adding that he is someone that the team respects.

“I think he is a good coach and has a good relationship with the players. He’s someone we know, we respect. He has the experience to lead us and he has managed the team very well,” he said.

The Super Eagles will now shift their attention to the June 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against South Africa and Benin Republic.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 16 hours ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama