Primitive War: Tricia Helfer & Jeremy Piven Join Dinosaurs in Vietnam War Horror Movie

Forum 4 weeks ago

Primitive War: Tricia Helfer & Jeremy Piven Join Dinosaurs in Vietnam War Horror Movie

Entourage’s Jeremy Piven and Lucifer’s Tricia Helfer are set to star in the sci-fi horror movie Primitive War, which pitches soldiers against dinosaurs in the Vietnam War.

Primitive War Brings Dinosaurs to 1968 Vietnam

Adapted from the book series by Ethan Pettus, Primitive War takes place in 1968 at the height of the Vietnam War. An elite recon unit known as Vulture Squad is sent to an isolated jungle valley to uncover the fate of a missing Green Beret platoon. They soon discover they are not alone. Dinosaurs have been let loose in the jungles.

Luke Sparke is set to direct the movie, which will film on Australia’s Gold Coast soon. Sparke will produce under his Sparke Films banner, alongside producers Carmel Imrie, and Carly Sparke, executive producers Geoff Imrie, and co-producer Alex Becconsall.

Speaking during pre-production, Sparke said of the project,

“I was captivated by the imagery surrounding Ethan’s book and the story it told. I’ve worked hard on capturing that essence but also the grittiness, horror aspects and military edge. My vision is to feel like the characters have walked out of the film Platoon and into the jaws of the greatest predators the planet has ever known.”

Author Ethan Pettus is pleased with what he’s read of Sparke’s adaptation, saying, “I’m thrilled to see Luke’s interpretation of my work. I know his team is giving this project everything they’ve got.”

Primitive War will also star Ryan Kwanten (True Blood), Nick Wechsler (The Boys), Anthony Ingruber (Age of Adaline, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny), Aaron Glenane (Interceptor, Danger Close), Carlos Sanson Jr (Bump, Legacies), Ana Thu Nguyen (Mortal Kombat 2), Adolphus Waylee (Nautilus), Richard Brancatisano (The Messenger, After the Verdict), Marcus Johnson (Talk to Me, Bring Him to Me) and Jake Ryan (Savage, Underbelly).

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob
Forum | 1 day ago

Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Trailer Previews Jeremy Renner’s Battle Against Russian Mob

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie

The Little Mermaid Trailer Surfaces for Horror Take on Classic Tale
Forum | 2 days ago

The Little Mermaid Trailer Surfaces for Horror Take on Classic Tale