EPL: Foden tells Guardiola best position after hat-trick against Aston Villa

Forum 3 weeks ago

EPL: Foden tells Guardiola best position after hat-trick against Aston Villa

Manchester City’s Phil Foden has said he prefers to play centrally rather than out wide.

Foden stated this after scoring a hat-trick in their 4-1 win over Aston Villa on Wednesday night.

Following a goalless draw with Premier League title rivals Arsenal last weekend, City bounced back with an emphatic win over Unai Emery’s men.

With Guardiola resting Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne, Foden stepped up to the mark to take his goal tally for the season to 21, the best of his career so far.

The 23-year-old has now made it clear where his best position is, telling TNT Sports: “I seem to have some really technical players in the pockets and I think out wide I can do that job but I prefer in the middle.

“I think this year I’m growing into the game. The manager [Pep Guardiola] spoke on showing rhythm and slowing the game down and I think I’m showing that as well.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star

Nnadozie wins best goalkeeper award in France
Forum | 22 hours ago

Nnadozie wins best goalkeeper award in France

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

EPL: They won’t win their last three matches – Adebayor predicts title winners
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: They won’t win their last three matches – Adebayor predicts title winners