How Pastor Jimmy Odukoya Inspired My Fitness Journey – Actor, Deyemi Okanlawon Reveals

Forum 3 weeks ago

How Pastor Jimmy Odukoya Inspired My Fitness Journey – Actor, Deyemi Okanlawon Reveals

Popular Nigerian actor Deyemi Okanlawon has shared how his friend, Pastor Jimmy Odukoya, played a significant role in encouraging and inspiring his fitness journey.

He stated this in an interview with Teju Babyface on the King of Talks podcast when asked about his fitness as an actor.

He said that before 2022, his primary goal of working out was to look the part for a movie role, but Odukoya encouraged him to always be fit.

“A year ago, I decided that I wanted to be ready and fit all the time. One of my best friends convinced me, you probably know him, and now I’m forced to add ‘pastor’ to his name,” he started.

“Pastor Jimi Odukoya is a gym buff, and we used to work out together before he became the senior pastor and he just inspired me to look a certain kind of way, to be strong, fit and healthy. So there is nothing I do that is primarily to become a ‘chick magnet,” he added.

Deyemi explained further that his new regimen works for him and is also beneficial to his career.

“An actor is essentially his voice, emotions and body, and for me to be where I want to be all these things come together.

“If I had a film coming up and I knew that there was going to be some showing of skin, I used to go hard for two or three months. Then one year later I wouldn’t even go near a gym. Now, I’m healthy and it works for the films too,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple
Forum | 21 hours ago

Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo
Forum | 3 days ago

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo