91 Chibok Girls’ Parents Seek Audience With Tinubu’s Wife

Forum 2 weeks ago

91 Chibok Girls’ Parents Seek Audience With Tinubu’s Wife

The parents of the 91 remaining girls from the 2014 school abduction in Chibok, Borno State, have appealed for the assistance of the First Lady, Mrs. Oluremi Tinubu. They expressed their anguish over the ten years of anguish and trauma resulting from the abduction of their children.

They expressed deep sorrow over the 10 years of horror and trauma since their children were abducted.

While many of the Chibok girls have been reunited with their parents, there are 91 others whose whereabouts are unknown.

In an open letter titled “A Plea for Justice and Remembering the Chibok Girls – A Letter to Her Excellency Mrs Remi Tinubu,” the parents shared their anguish and hope for their daughters’ safe return.

They emphasised the ongoing pain and memories of the abduction, urging Mrs Tinubu to stand with them in seeking justice.

The parents, in the letter signed by Yana Galang and Mallam Zanna on behalf of the Chibok Parents Association and those whose children are yet to return stated that while the world might have moved on, “the pain remains raw and the wounds refuse to heal.”

They said,“We are haunted by the memories of that night when our girls were taken from us, and every day, we pray for their safe return.

“We have not lost hope, Your Excellency. We have not given up on our daughters, and we will continue to fight for their freedom until they are brought back to us.

“We urge you to use your influence and your platform to ensure that the plight of the Chibok girls is never forgotten, that justice is served, and that those responsible for this heinous act are held accountable.

“The parents specifically requested the support of Mrs Tinubu “in keeping the spotlight on the Chibok girls and their families.

“We ask for your solidarity in our quest for truth and closure. We ask for your compassion and your commitment to ensuring that no other parent has to endure the pain that we have suffered for a decade.”

According to the parents, despite the 10 years of uncertainty, they still hold the belief that justice would prevail and those responsible would be brought to book.

“As we light candles and say prayers for our missing daughters in Chibok on April 14th, 2024, we hold on to the hope that one day they will be reunited with us.

“We hold on to the belief that justice will prevail and that those responsible for their abduction will face the consequences of their actions. We hold on to the love that binds us as families and as a community, determined to see our girls come home.

“Your Excellency, we humbly ask for an opportunity to meet with you, to seek your assistance in advocating for the safe return of our daughters.

“We ask for your empathy and understanding as we navigate through this unimaginable pain. We ask for your commitment to standing by us and never forgetting the 276 girls who were taken from their school that night,”
the letter added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish
Forum | 4 days ago

I’ve Been In Love With Girls For My Whole Life – Billie Eilish

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 4 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties
Forum | 5 days ago

I’m Tired of Reading Your Dumb Advice - Femi Adebayo’s Wife Slams Online Aunties

Divorce-seeking Military Officer Accuses Wife Of Bad Temperament
Forum | 6 days ago

Divorce-seeking Military Officer Accuses Wife Of Bad Temperament