FCT: Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda Will Not Stop In Urban Areas – FCT Minister, Wike

Forum 2 weeks ago

FCT: Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda Will Not Stop In Urban Areas – FCT Minister, Wike

Nyesom Wike, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, has disclosed that President Bola Tinubu's Renewed Hope Agenda, will not stop in urban areas.

Wike said the Federal Capital Territory Administration is committed to the provision of infrastructure in rural communities of the FCT Area Councils.

The Minister said this when he inspected some ongoing road projects in the Kwali Area Council on Friday.

Wike maintained that development cannot be concentrated only in the city centre, and assured that the FCT Administration will also take development to the rural areas.

According to the FCT Minister,
“You have to take development to the rural areas. That alone can mitigate rural-urban migration.

“You need to give them the infrastructure to develop on their own. For example, their farmers, how will they carry their produce to the city without any road.

“In terms of security, just imagine if people were kidnapped. How will the security agencies have access to this kind of area – look at the topography.

“So, creating infrastructure, particularly road here, is key to the development of these communities and they will feel the impact of governance.

“That’s the essence of the Renewed Hope Agenda. It’s not just for those in the cities. It’s also for those in the rural areas.

“I feel delighted, particularly, that we are taking development to the rural areas.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 3 days ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles
Forum | 5 days ago

Family Members Of Bride-to-be Stop Kidnap Attempt, Kill Terrorist, Seize Two Ak-47 Rifles

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 5 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 6 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu