The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot

Forum 1 week ago

The Fantastic Four: Joseph Quinn Teases ‘Compelling’ & ‘Brilliant’ MCU Reboot

During a recent interview with EW, Stranger Things breakout Joseph Quinn, who’s set to portray Johnny Storm/Human Torch in Marvel Studios’ The Fantastic Four, discussed what drew him to the highly-anticipated project. Quinn confirmed that he has already read the script for the upcoming MCU reboot, promising a “very different” superhero movie compared to previously released Marvel films.

“I think that with the story of the Fantastic Four, it feels like we want to get this right,” he said. “There are aspects of it that are very different to other Marvel films. That felt very compelling to me. And again, going back to who’s involved, Matt, of course, the director, I think is brilliant, and the cast, and I’ve read it and the script is brilliant. It’s really brilliant. I’m delighted to have this opportunity.”

“Superhero movies are movies about people,” Quinn added, while addressing the superhero fatigue that audiences may have been experiencing. “And if we’re invested in the people and the characters and the peril and the spectacle, then that’s why people go to the theaters to watch films. We’re not just in a penny; we’re in for a pound with this one. We’re going to go for it.”

Who’s involved in The Fantastic Four?

The Fantastic Four will also be led by Pedro Pascal (The Last of Us) as Reed Richards/ Mister Fantastic, Vanessa Kirby (The Crown) as Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman, Ebon Moss-Bachrach (The Bear) as Ben Grimm/The Thing, and Julia Garner (Ozark) as a “Shalla-Bal version” of the Silver Surfer. The titular cast members were announced through a Valentine’s Day poster, which seemingly hinted that the the story might take place in the 1960s. The key-art also teased the appearance of the team’s trustee robot H.E.R.B.I.E.

The MCU reboot will be directed by WandaVision’s Matt Shakman from a screenplay being rewritten by Josh Friedman based on a draft from Jeff Kaplan and Ian Springer. The project was first teased by Kevin Feige during 2019’s San Diego Comic-Con, with Spider-Man: No Way Home director Jon Watts originally attached to direct.

The film debuts on July 25, 2025 as part of the MCU’s Phase 6.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return
Forum | 1 day ago

Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return

Joaquin Torres’ Falcon Promo Image Reveals Danny Ramirez’s MCU Suit
Forum | 1 day ago

Joaquin Torres’ Falcon Promo Image Reveals Danny Ramirez’s MCU Suit

Kraven the Hunter & Karate Kid Reboot Release Dates Delayed by Sony
Forum | 2 days ago

Kraven the Hunter & Karate Kid Reboot Release Dates Delayed by Sony

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 4 days ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel