Again, Amaewhule-led Assembly Overrides Fubara, Passes LG Bill Into Law

Forum 1 week ago

Again, Amaewhule-led Assembly Overrides Fubara, Passes LG Bill Into Law

Governor Siminalayi Fubara's veto power has again been set aside by the Martins Amaewhule-led Rivers State House of Assembly as it passed the Rivers State Local Government Bill into Law.

Recall that the House had initially passed the Local Government Bill and sent it to Fubara for approval on March 13, 2024, which was denied.

The bill was reintroduced by the Leader of the Amaewhule-led Assembly, Major Jack, (representing Akuku/Toru) constituency 1.

A statement made available to newsmen said the bill was thoroughly debated by members.

The Amaewhule-led lawmakers also screened and confirmed nominees for the positions of chairman and members of the Assembly Service Commission.

The confirmed nominees include Sampson Worlu as chairman, along with Abinye Blessing Pepple, Blessing Belema Derefaka, Gbaranen Robinson and Madam Dorcas Amos as members.

The Amaewhule-led Assembly is making moves to ensure that Fubara conducts local government elections before the expiration of his tenure.

The governor is yet to make any official statement about the LG election.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares
Forum | 4 days ago

I Won’t Govern On My Knees, They Want To Destroy Rivers – Fubara Declares

End This Hiding, Submit Yourself To The Law - Ologbondiyan To Yahaya Bello
Forum | 6 days ago

End This Hiding, Submit Yourself To The Law - Ologbondiyan To Yahaya Bello

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute
Forum | 1 week ago

Seyi Law Lays Curses On X User Who Accused Him Of Leaving A Club With A Pr*stitute

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order
Forum | 1 week ago

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order