DJ Bongz To Tour America Teaching The Gwara Gwara Dance After Rihanna's Performance

Forum 6 years ago

DJ Bongz To Tour America Teaching The Gwara Gwara Dance After Rihanna's Performance

Life has never been the same since Rihanna did the gwara gwara on the Grammys stage a few weeks ago.

American dancers reportedly flocked local dance studios to learn the dance and now the dance style creator, DJ Bongz is off to the US to teach a special class on February 26.

“I created the dance from scratch and it feels so special to have it shown on an international stage like the Grammys. It shows that Africa can make a big impact on international dance.

“I am going to tour America a few time between now and June and I was asked to come hold a workshop and teach people the gwara gwara.
After the Rihanna performance I got a lot of calls and I am excited by the opportunity,” he told TshisaLIVE.

Bongz also plans to take the dance lessons across Africa. “We are trying to secure more sponsors but so far we are planning to head to Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia and Nigeria. We will be representing South Africa. We want to show the world that we are the dance capital of Africa.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update
Forum | 16 hours ago

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update

X-Men ‘97 Video Teases Captain America Appearance in Disney+ Series
Forum | 6 days ago

X-Men ‘97 Video Teases Captain America Appearance in Disney+ Series

“Love sweet na you dey rush” – Fans gush over Rita Dominic and husband’s dance video
Forum | 1 week ago

“Love sweet na you dey rush” – Fans gush over Rita Dominic and husband’s dance video

Ryan Gosling Planned His Oscars Performance Down to a Tee
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Ryan Gosling Planned His Oscars Performance Down to a Tee