Drake Finally Breaks Down Meek Mill Beef & Talks Kanye West Shade

Forum 7 years ago

Drake Finally Breaks Down Meek Mill Beef & Talks Kanye West Shade

Drake has addressed his recent Grammys win, his love of grime, his beef with Meek Mill and a number of other subjects in a surprise interview with DJ Semtex on his Beats 1 OVO Sound radio show last night (February 18), which was recorded on Monday – a day after the Grammys.

Drake eventually addressed his legendary beef with Meek Mill, saying that he doesn’t have “that level of respect for him because of his actions.” On how the beef got started, Drake said Meek’s decision to engage was “terrible” and “impulsive,” and that his mind going “a thousand miles a minute.”

“I didn’t know who was going to be on a diss track or what he had ready,” he said. “I thought this was three months in the making. When I dropped ‘Charged Up,’ just to kinda see what the preparation level was, I realized—oh wow you’re not ready.”

He also brushed off speculation that the beef affected his relationship with Nicki Minaj. “I cannot disrespect Nicki Minaj or use Nicki Minaj in any way. When Dj Semtex asked Drake about Quentin Miller—who Meek Mil said had been ghostwriting for Drake—Drizzy admitted that he was introduced to Miller through Boi1da, and that they ended up collaborating on five songs together.

Drizzy also explained DJ Drama’s involvement in the situation: “Like I said it was really DJ Drama that got a call from somebody higher up, at that time, he just didn’t have the backbone to say no to this person and he was like “yo my man’s getting roasted, you gotta give him some ammo, we gotta keep Drake down” and that is when I realised how deep this Sh!t really is.”

As well, Drake touched on Kanye West shading him and DJ Khaled.

“I think everybody has their own little things going on, I’m not really sure what he’s referring to half the time, cos in the same breath, I went from being… like working on a project with him, to him sorta publicly Sh!tting on me and DJ Khaled for being on the radio too much. But yeah I’m not really sure, everybody’s got their own thing going on. Again me when I hear that, I just distance myself from it you know, alright if that’s what it is I don’t really even understand the point you’re trying to make but whatever it is that you’re going through, I accept it, I don’t respect it at all. You know cos I feel like me and Khaled are just good people, I’m not sure why we’re the target of your choice that you made that night.”

Listen to the whole interview below.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Iwobi equals Kanu’s assist record in Fulham’s win at West Ham

Gods Unknown: Keke Palmer in Talks to Lead Action Thriller Movie
Forum | 6 days ago