‘Game Over For Signing Gareth Bale’- Jose Mourinho

Forum 6 years ago

‘Game Over For Signing Gareth Bale’- Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho says it is “game over” for Manchester United’s hopes of signing Wales international Gareth Bale from Real Madrid.

United boss Mourinho previously said he would “fight” to sign Bale if Madrid wanted to sell, but conceded it looked unlikely after the forward started the 2-1 Uefa Super Cup win over United.

“I think now everybody knows he is going to stay,” Mourinho said.

When asked if he had been told he could leave, Bale said: “Not that I know of.”

Madrid president Florentino Perez was later quoted by Spanish newspaper Marca as saying the Spanish champions were “not considering selling Bale”.

The Welshman added: “I’m just concentrating on my football and I’m not listening to anything. I’m not reading anything, although people tell me bits and bobs.

“I’m enjoying my football and playing as much as I can and winning trophies.”

Bale, 28, joined the Spanish giants for a world record fee of £85m from Premier League side Tottenham in 2013.

He committed his future to Madrid at the end of last season, saying he was happy to stay with the 12-time European champions.

Last October, he signed a new deal to stay at the Bernabeu until 2022.

But he made just 17 league starts for Zinedine Zidane’s side and has been linked with a move back to the Premier League.

[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis
Forum | 1 week ago

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis

Dredge: Indie Horror Fishing Game Hooks a Movie Adaptation
Forum | 1 week ago

Dredge: Indie Horror Fishing Game Hooks a Movie Adaptation

The Bride! Cast: John Magaro & Jeannie Berlin Join Christian Bale Frankenstein Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

The Bride! Cast: John Magaro & Jeannie Berlin Join Christian Bale Frankenstein Movie