Glen Lewis Resigns From Touch HD

Forum 6 years ago

Glen Lewis Resigns From Touch HD

Few weeks after Nina Haste left Touch HD, her Breakfast show co-host Glen Lewis has also left the online radio station and it doesn’t look pretty.

Touch spoke to a publication confirming Lewis’ departure. “Yes, he is leaving. Bear in mind we are a year-old company that is in a new space, and I call it digital. In digital, we have to conduct surveys from our listeners,” Tbo Touch said.

Touch went on to explain why Glen Lewis wasn’t the right personality for the online station despite being a traditional radio heavyweight.

“We learnt that digital is not personality driven, it is engagement driven. People look into how many times you tweet, how many times you
respond. The digital space is engagement driven. Digital teaches you to be a content creator. The people that you hear on air are content creators, not DJs,” Tbo Touch said.

“I feel he wants to do more traditional radio. I think what we both learnt from this experience is that one being a big star in traditional radio doesn’t guarantee you will be a big star in content creation. You always have to engage your listeners.

“He understands well that content engagement is far different from mixing two great songs and having people appreciate your craft or your ability,” Tbo Touch said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 5 days ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie

The Running Man: Edgar Wright Directing Stephen King Adaptation Starring Glen Powell
Forum | 1 week ago

The Running Man: Edgar Wright Directing Stephen King Adaptation Starring Glen Powell

Mark Rylance, Damian Lewis Star in First Wolf Hall: The Mirror and the Light Images
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Mark Rylance, Damian Lewis Star in First Wolf Hall: The Mirror and the Light Images