‘I Discovered Olamide When He Was 14 Years Old’ – ID Cabasa

Forum 5 years ago

‘I Discovered Olamide When He Was 14 Years Old’ – ID Cabasa

Legendary music producer, Olumide Ogunade, better known as ID Cabasa, has disclosed how he met and discovered the talent of popular rapper & singer, Olamide, when he was between the age of 13-14.

“Olamide came with a friend to record in my studio; a friend was featuring him. I fell in love with the young boy of 13 or 14 as he delivered his rap line. I could hear a depth that you won’t get from most of his age mates.”

“I was so impressed that I told him that he’s free to come to my studio at any time. He will come to the studio, then I will make beat while is writing his lyrics. From there, the interest to have him as part of Coded Tunes developed and the rest is history.”

“By the time Coded Tunes transited to a proper recording label, Olamide was the first person signed alongside Seriki and Kayefi,” he said during a chat with Olaitan Ganiu of The Nation Newspaper.

ID Cabasa also spoke about promoting aboriginal hip hop acts.

“It was something we started subconsciously but we are very proud of it today. As a musician and producer, I love to be original in all I do. I like to sound not local but indigenous because the way to get to people’s heart is majorly from their culture. There is a Yoruba language that says, “Ile latin ke so r’ode”, meaning charity begins at home. Obviously, the law of attraction worked for us, I met 2phat and Spaco who are infusing Yoruba to their hip hop music and that is what I also wanted to do. It was 2phat that later introduced me to, Lord of Ajasa who raps strictly in Yoruba.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 13 hours ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Internet Fraud Training School Proprietor Jailed 10 Years In Uyo
Forum | 2 days ago

Internet Fraud Training School Proprietor Jailed 10 Years In Uyo

Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai
Forum | 3 days ago

Eight Years Not Forever – Aisha Yesufu Mocks Yahaya Bello, ElRufai