Pearl Thusi Robbed At Gunpoint In Johannesburg

Forum 6 years ago

Pearl Thusi Robbed At Gunpoint In Johannesburg

Pearl Thusi is shaken but recovering well after being held at gunpoint in an attempted robbery on Thursday evening.

The star stopped at a robot in Braamfontein, Johannesburg when a man apparently came to her window and pulled a gun on her. He demanded that she hand over her phone or "he'll shoot".

"Someone definitely just pulled a gun on me on the road in Braam while I was in my car. Then said I must give him my phone or he’ll shoot me. I said no, then drove away (luckily the light just turned green). I only started freaking out a few minutes later. Thug life," she wrote on social media after the incident.

Pearl said she was not sure why her life was spared but was grateful to have survived the incident.

"Maybe he thought I can’t speak Zulu?! Maybe he was stressed that I didn’t freak out. Maybe he didn’t have bullets? Maybe Jesus said 'not today Satan.' All I’m grateful for is to be alive and unscathed," she added.

Speaking to TshisaLIVE, Pearl's management said they were all left shaken by the ordeal.

"We are relieved that Pearl is okay and was unharmed. That's all that matters," the star's manager Sarit Tomlinson said.

Pearl told fans that she had handled fake guns on set before and thought that was one of the reasons why she wasn't immediately shocked during the incident.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
EPL: Liverpool robbed of penalty in 1-1 draw with Man City – Klopp
Forum | 1 month ago

EPL: Liverpool robbed of penalty in 1-1 draw with Man City – Klopp

Police Arrest 2 Men Who Robbed School After Drugging Security Guard In Lagos
Forum | 2 months ago

Police Arrest 2 Men Who Robbed School After Drugging Security Guard In Lagos

MaXXXine First Reactions Call Pearl Sequel a Gory Homage to Dario Argento
Forum | 3 months ago

MaXXXine First Reactions Call Pearl Sequel a Gory Homage to Dario Argento

How Policemen Tracked And Nabbed Three Robbery Suspects Who Robbed A Woman Of N3.2 Million And Vehicle
Forum | 3 months ago

How Policemen Tracked And Nabbed Three Robbery Suspects Who Robbed A Woman Of N3.2 Million And Vehicle