Premier League! Leicester City Agree Deal To Sign This Highly Rated Portugal Defender (Photo)

Forum 5 years ago

Premier League! Leicester City Agree Deal To Sign This Highly Rated Portugal Defender (Photo)

Leicester have agreed terms with Porto for the transfer of defender Ricardo Pereira.

The 24-year-old right-back has arrived in England to finalise personal terms on a five-year contract and have a medical with the Premier League club.

Pereira can also play as a winger and has been named in Portugal’s 23-man squad for the World Cup.

He has won three caps and played 43 times for Porto this season, helping them win the Portuguese league title.

Pereira began his senior career with Vitoria Guimaraes before joining Porto in 2013, playing under current Leicester boss Claude Puel during a two-year loan spell with French club Nice from 2015 to 2017.

Puel said: “I’m delighted to have a player of Ricardo’s quality on board for next season. I remember him well from my time at Nice.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 2 days ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record

Late Sound Sultan’s Wife, Farida Shares Lovely Family Photo As She Turns 40 Today
Forum | 3 days ago

Late Sound Sultan’s Wife, Farida Shares Lovely Family Photo As She Turns 40 Today

City on Fire: Challengers’ Justin Kuritzkes to Adapt Austin Butler-Led Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

City on Fire: Challengers’ Justin Kuritzkes to Adapt Austin Butler-Led Movie