RIP Cheick Tiote – Some Last Words From His Ex-teammates

Forum 6 years ago

RIP Cheick Tiote – Some Last Words From His Ex-teammates

Former Beijing Enterprises, Newcastle United, FC Twente and Ivory Coast midfielder Cheick Tiote passed away on the 5th of June 2017 at the age of 30; after collapsing in training.

Cheick Tiote made over 150 appearances in seven years with Newcastle United, before moving to the Chinese outfit “Beijing Enterprises” in February.

Cheick Tiote – Tributes

Tributes began to pour in from ex-teammates, managers and football enthusiasts;

Newcastle United

Newcastle United said in an official statement:[/b]

“We are devastated to have learnt the tragic passing of Cheick Tiote at the age of just 30. The thoughts of everyone at Newcastle United are with Cheick’s family, friends, teammates and everyone connected with the club he represented.”

Ex-manger McClaren paid his final respects to the late midfielder saying “At Newcastle if [Papiss] Cisse and Cheick were smiling I knew the world was OK.”
“He was the kind of player that everyone wanted on their team”.

McClaren who was his manager at both Dutch side FC Twente and Newcastle added that; “I knew him first as a young player at Twente. He was the toughest player I’ve ever seen.

“On the field and in training, he was such a competitor. He wanted to win every game, every kick every player and every tackle.

Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew who managed the late Ivorian during his time as manager at the club couldn’t hide his sadness and grief following the passing of his friend; he also had a few words about his departed friend

“Cheick was a wonderful presence around the dressing room and his performances on the field often defined belief,” he said.

“None of us will ever forget the incredible day when our Newcastle team came from 4-0 down to draw an unbelievable Premier League game against Arsenal, with Cheick’s incredible goal in the final moments of that game, one of the most iconic moments in Premier League history.

[ads4]

[i]“I loved him. He was everything that you wanted in a Newcastle player. “Life is not fair sometimes and I will remember Cheick Tiote as a giant of a midfielder who I loved to manage. Rest in peace, my friend.”

Rafael Benitez

Rafael Benitez the Current manager of The Magpies said:

“In all time I have known him, he was a true professional, dedicated and above all, a great man. Pour hearts go out to his family and friends at such a sad time.”

Current captain of the Newcastle’s squad also expressed his shock at the passing away of the Ivorian.

“There are not words to express how saddened I am to hear that Cheick has died,” he said.
Our respects and condolences to his family, friends, and everyone who knew him he won’t be forgotten especially in Africa having being part of the Ivory Coast squad that won the 2015 Africa Cup Of Nations. #RIPcheiktiote.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Benzema blames teammates for lack of goals
Forum | 1 week ago

Benzema blames teammates for lack of goals

Davido’s brother trades words with Dammy Krane over alleged betrayal from OBO
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido’s brother trades words with Dammy Krane over alleged betrayal from OBO

Ripley Character Posters Revealed for The Talented Mr. Ripley Series Adaptation
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Ripley Character Posters Revealed for The Talented Mr. Ripley Series Adaptation

Ripley Teaser Trailer: Andrew Scott Leads Netflix Adaptation of Classic Thriller Novel
Forum | 2 months ago

Ripley Teaser Trailer: Andrew Scott Leads Netflix Adaptation of Classic Thriller Novel